Quality Teams on the wiki

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Mar 8 19:18:43 CET 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 17:22, Mark Berry wrote:
> Marc,
>
> You make great points.  Maybe this message should be stressed in each
> Wiki page.  You really NEED to join the development list for that
> particular packages/sub-package.  I imagine that over time we will see
> certain 'turnover' in the Quality Team members to sub-projects, such as
> KOffice.  I believe this is one of the goals though.
> Marc Heyvaert wrote:
> >Tom,
> >
> >But a lot of info is circulating via the koffice and
> >koffice-devel mailing lists. If somebody wants to do
> >something on/for Koffice, I think it would be far
> >wiser for him/her to subscribe to these lists, go
> >throught the archives, get a feel for what is going on
> >and communicate directly with the developers through
> >these lists. A wiki page is a public interface, but
> >once you start working on something is is best for you
> >to keep in touch with the developers anyway. So I
> >still think that a mailing list is better suited for
> >this.
> >
> >Marc

Yes, the wiki pages should be a starting point for people who want to get
involved, they should list open tasks, who is working on them, who you can
contact etc.
If you really want to help an application you have to join the respective
developers mailing list, also if you *don't* write code.

Bye
Alex