Quality Teams on the wiki

Mark Berry mark at bx2.net
Mon Mar 8 17:22:43 CET 2004

Marc,

You make great points.  Maybe this message should be stressed in each
Wiki page.  You really NEED to join the development list for that
particular packages/sub-package.  I imagine that over time we will see
certain 'turnover' in the Quality Team members to sub-projects, such as
KOffice.  I believe this is one of the goals though.

I like the wicki pages because of how they help someone who REALLY
doesn't have any idea what is going on, and isn't familure with the
mailing list or IRC culture to get involved.  Maybe I myself am a good
example.  For about 2 years I have visited the KDE website, and felt
overwhelmed every time I got on the IRC or browsed the mailing list
archives.   I felt there was no clean entry point, and nowhere that
someone who is a programmer, but not a QT/C++ programmer, to easily jump
in and get started without feeling shy or that I was bugging people.

If we have a list of just the janitorial tasks that the KDE Quality Team
takes care of listed, assigned for , etc.  It shouldn't overlap with
anyone elses.  I guess what I am worried about by keeping it too
informal, we are loosing a LARGE number of possible voulanteers to the
wind.  Not everyone is brave or skilled enough to jump in the depth
needed to do programming tasks.  I would guess that a large majority of
the project pages catur to the programmers, and not the other various
tasks that could be handled.

Thats my vision of where the tasks/project wiki's would jump in.  Thats
at least what I have gathered from what Tom and Carlos have put together
on the list/package pages.

Cheers

.mark