A question for all list members

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Mon Mar 8 14:54:51 CET 2004

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 13:02:40 +0000, "Tom Chance" <lists at tomchance.org.uk>
said:
> Hello,
>
> If you're looking to get involved with the Quality Team project, I'd like
> ask you a quick question: Would you find the following pages useful?
>
> 1) A list of all Quality Teams plus applications
> http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Quality+Team+Tasklist
>
> 2) A page for each Quality Team, e.g.
> http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=Quality+Team+KDE+PIM

The screenshots table is still missing. Will add.

> http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=Quality+Team+KDE+Koffice

The KOffice page is just a skeleton currenty.

Here is a howto to fill these pages:

Filling doc status table:
1) Check the last commits, date and what changed, using the kde-cvs
mailing list archives and the webcvs interface: http://webcvs.kde.org.
2) Use this information to build a preliminary table, noting who is
taking care of each application.
3) Compare the current help files with the application to improve the
status information for each application.
4) Only then, submit this table to the developers lists and docs lists
for further corrections, and in order to fill the names of people
involved.

Filling screenshots status table:
1) You can check the last commits, date and what changed, using the
kde-cvs mailing list archives and the webcvs interface, but a visual
review is probably better.
2) Use this information to build a preliminary table, noting who is
taking care of each application. No need to contact the developers.

Filling whatsthis status table:
1) Start clicking the main window and dialogs for every application with
shift + F1!
2) Check the .ui files in the application wrorking folder for whatsthis
info (using the qtdesigner)
3) Use this information to build a preliminary table, with the status for
the task.
4) Send the table to the devel mailing list for eventual corrections, and
in order to fill the names of people involved

> Maintaining these pages would be more work than if everybody simple joined
> mailing lists and coordinated work on those, but I think people will find
> it
> easier to begin and then coordinate work if these wiki pages are
> maintained.
> What do you think?

I think the wiki pages are unvaluable, if handled correctly. People
looking for what to do will find quickly something they like. These pages
are not so hard to maintain, especially if most contributors keep their
tasks status up to date. But even if they do not, it is easy to follow
the commits. Just check from time to time the CVS commits for your
module. I am pretty confident I can maintain the PIM page updated, and
perheps another module too.
--
  Carlos Leonhard Woelz
  carloswoelz at imap-mail.com