Quality Teams on the wiki

Mark Berry mark at bx2.net
Mon Mar 8 08:59:18 CET 2004

Carlos,

After getting in and really reading the PIM Tasks page (which looks
great BTW!), I am wondering if we are going to have WAY to much
info/tasks for 1 package to try and organize into 1 quality-team task
project page.  Some of the packages don't logically belong in the same
package template like PIM does.  Maybe a possible structure such as (off
top of my head) :

/*Master Task List
(Listing Package, Synopsis and a Sub-Package list)
*/

    *PACKAGE*:
    /Name/
    /Synopsis/
    /Home Page / Links/
    /KDE Qual Team Contacts / Cordinators/
    /(If no sub-package, the following info will be presented at the
    same level)/

        *(IF NEEDED) SUB-PACKAGES:*

            /Name/
            /Synopsis/
            /Home Page / Links/

            /DOCS/

                /KDE Qual Team Mentors
                //KDE Qual CONTACTS/ / /Members/

            /TESTING
            /

                /KDE Qual Team Mentors
                //KDE Qual CONTACTS/ / /Members/

            /PROJECTS
            /

                /KDE Qual Team Mentors
                //KDE Qual CONTACTS/ / /Members/

(these outlines are very vague and would obviously need great deal of
expounding... the list at
http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Quality+Team+Tasks is a
GREAT start to fill in the end package or sub package with the list of
what needs to be done.. ).

Some packages, such as Valgrind would probably not have sub-packages,
but maybe kdelibs or kdebase is needing enough help that 1 tier of tasks
won't give that package the justice and hands that it needs.  I am
worried that it will be hard to rally the help for various sub-packages
if each package is kept in a single tier.  Also, from the master task
list of packages, it might be helpful to list a help-needed rating right
on the main list.  Maybe trip the curiosity of a lurking community
member to look a bit further into it if they can see at a glance if
there is a need without having to dive into the various packages/sub
packages.  I believe the more granular we can make the tasks and the
simpler we can break it down into nice bite-sized chunks, the easier and
less threatening it will be for new comers to jump in and find the help
and information they need to get rolling.

These are only suggestions, and definitely open for
comment/suggestions.  It's getting quite late and not sure how clear I
am thinking :D.  I am just worried that we get to far into filling in
content before deciding on a sane organizational structure for the
packages of all sizes and needs, it could get unruly and harder to
change later.

Cheers

.mark

        //