(no subject)

Ramon van Alteren ramon at forgottenland.net
Fri Mar 5 08:56:27 CET 2004

Joost,

On Friday 05 March 2004 07:42, Joost De Cock wrote:
> on the wiki page of the KDE PIM tasks, there's a line that goes:
>
>  Ramon van Alteren / KOrganizer/Kontact -> Exchange2000 (Kolab:maybe)
>
> So, Ramon (assuming you're on this list), I happen to have an exchange at
> work (still needs to be upgraded to 2000, but it will soon) and I am _very_
> intersted in how well KOrganizer and Kontact work with it.

Yep (on the list :)
Results so far are indecisive... I'm extremely busy with other things at work
atr the moment so I haven't had time to test . I fiddled around with it and
some stuff seems to work, some stuff doesn't.

> Any change I can make myself usefull as a tester in that area? I'd be just
> as happy to be a 'general' tester for PIM, make no mistake :)

You're very welcome. Previous place of work had exchange 5.5 and I never could
get KDE - 3.1 KOrganizer to work. Exchange 2000 seems to be _more_ open than
5.5.

> Can you or someone else give me some pointers on where to start (getting
> the latest snapshot and bringing up the bug list seems like reasonable
> first steps. Trying to reproduce them to, then testing the patch (if there
> is one)... am I on track here?)

Start with building the latest cvs version and checking bugs would be a good
first step. Carlos wrote an excellent build guide.
If you are by any chance running gentoo linux, you can also rebuild your
stable kdepim package with debug information by running
"USE="debug" emerge kdepim" Be aware that whis will double the space of the
resulting executables. It will also allow you to get backtraces and debuginfo
on current bugs & crashes.

Should you have any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Ramon van Alteren

ramon at forgottenland.net
PGPkey id	0xF6B58AE57C02B1AE