lisa volunteer [was Re: more tasks]

Parijat Mishra parijat at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
Fri Mar 5 06:51:47 CET 2004

Hi all,

On Friday 05 March 2004 07:03, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
> I wrote the lanbrowsing/lisa stuff, but since two years I don't use it
> anymore, since my network consists of my desktop box, a dsl router and a X
> terminal, so I have no need for discovering the clients in my lan.

Hmmm... the first time I saw lisa in action, I was delighted.  It was on a
Mandrake box, IIRC.  Since I switched to Debian, I never quite got
lisa/lanbrosing to work at all :-(.  One of the things that confiunded me was
not being able to find documentation on how to set up the thing with kde --
io/slave stuff, etc.

I would like to work on this, since that is the only way -- I think -- I will
be able to get lisa working ;-)

> So: anybody interested in doing some quite lowlevel network related stuff,
> i.e. becoming (co)maintainer of kdenetwork/lanbrowsing/ ?
> It's a small self-contained piece of software.

I have experience with networking and related coding.  Needless to say, I have
been using KDE for a long time now. What I dunno is GUI stuff, and have no
experiecne in KDE development. Working on LISA sounds ideal.  I can spare
only a couple of hours during the week, and perhaps more on the weekends.

Pls... any pointers to get me started?  I suppose I must start testing lisa
first?

--
Sincerely,
Parijat Mishra