a new set of jobs

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Jun 28 21:14:13 CEST 2004

Hi,

now after coming back from LinuxTag we figured out a very useful job nobody
did until now: create/collect demo files for the kde applications. At a fair/
show/congress the booth staff often ends up with "empty" applications.
You have kword but no kword files, you have juk but no music files, kpresenter
but no presentation, no videos for kaffeine, no spreadsheets for kspread and
so on.

So what do we need:

-demo files for koffice apps: kword, kspread, kpresenter, karbon,...
also some files so that we can demo the import filters

-some ps/pdf files for showing embedding

-some nice pictures for our graphic apps

-music files for noatun/amarok, copyright has to be ok,
on the homepages of some bands some tracks can be downloaded, would these
files be ok to be used for demoing kde ? (e.g. www.oomph.de)

-video files for kaffeine/kplayer/kmplayer -> big eye catcher
same as above...

-dummy data for kdepim: some dates, some mail traffic from some mailing lists,
some addresses, ...

-some web project for quanta

-something else ?

The demo files should be created carefully and display the best features of
the respective apps, so a kword file shpwing the text "KDE rulez !" wouldn't
be of much help ;-)
In order to achieve this you would have to talk to the mailing lists, the
documentation writers and maybe the authors of these apps.

Carlos, can you please add this to the job pages ?

Bye
Alex