KDE Quality action: looking to the future

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Thu Jul 15 06:25:39 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 04:53 pm, Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi Carlos,
>
> > I will update the docs guide, work to make Quanta a better tool for
> > editing docbook, with a proper toolbar.  If someone is working on that,
> > please let me know. I will ad a KConfig section as well.
>
> I've started writing a "Getting Started" guide for documentation
> contributors, which you can find at
> http://i18n.kde.org/doc/doc-primer/index.docbook (you'll also need the file
> http://i18n.kde.org/doc/doc-primer/docbook-reference.docbook).

This is great. I tried to convince someone to help out with or review the
(lame) guide I wrote six months ago, when I had little experience with docs.
It is mostly a collection of links. Two handbooks later (Cervisia and
KPilot), I am ready for improving it.

http://quality.kde.org/develop/howto/howtodocs.php

I am glad you are working on something similar in objective. We can work
together. Where can I find it in CVS? I certainly want to create it with you
or send you patches.

> You might
> fine some of the information there useful for the quality wiki, and it
> would be a shame to duplicate effort.

And quite the other way around: I read your docbook, and in many ways, you
will not need to duplicating the work we did with some of quality guides. We
have a building guide, a working with CVS and cercisia guide, in sum a lot of
infrastructure you may find interesting.

See http://quality.kde.org/develop/cvsguide/managestep.php to see some of it.

And, by the way, there is the wiki and the kde.org site. You can get the
webpages sources at www/areas/quality, if you want to copy and paste stuff.

The best would be to work together. I can strat improving your guide right
now, than host a copy or link it from the quality site, and call it a joint
venture :)

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz