3_3_0_BETA_! Build problems [RESOLVED]

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Wed Jul 14 08:41:13 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 00:45, James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> There ARE errors in: "kdebase/kwin"; now documented:
> No testing at all before it was released.

This is plain wrong: I and others have compiled the release tarballs success-
fully. The tarballs are recreated for every release (including Alpha and Beta
releases) until they compile with --enable-final [for the testers of course].

I have not examined why some people have this problem with kwin (maybe the gcc
version has an influence or whether you use qt-copy with patches?). There were
only few reports about this (~3?) and surprisingly no Konstruct user AFAIK.

> But, I wonder why none of the developers noticed this.

Glad that you exclude yourself from this group. Makes bitching easier, eh?

Bye,
   Steve