3_3_0_BETA_! Build problems [RESOLVED]

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Wed Jul 14 04:51:32 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 07:45 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> However,
> to conclude that none of the developers did this indicates that we have a
> corporate culture that must be changed.

James,

After discussing this over and over, and listening to you complaining without
presenting solution, I will have to ban you from the list. People asked me in
the past, but I always considered you a valuable contributor for your other
contributions to the project, and avoided doing that.

But you are turning away good people from the project, leaving me no choice.

This is a volunteer project, there is no corporate culture. Instead of
complaining, you should be developing the quality structure you talk about.
But you refuse to discuss it in a constructive way.

If there are bugs, it's because people did a mistake. We have problems with
resources. Making everything perfect the first time requires a lot of
volunteer time, and is not feasible. That is why the free / open software
community use beta testers (yes, that was a beta release) to find bugs.
Release early, release often.

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz