kde-quality Digest, Vol 6, Issue 2

Artemio theman at artemio.net
Sat Jul 3 17:55:22 CEST 2004

Hello there!

You wrote:
> I personaly prefer the borealis soundset. Especialy the popup sounds and
> the start up sounds. http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=12584
Yes, this set is quite interesting. I like the startup jingle a lot. The idea
of effects instead of short jingles is nice, although not new to me.

However, [1] the variety of sounds and jingles is not that wide [2] the set
doesn't cover all sounds needed in KDE.

> The reason that this one has a higher score is prolly that the sounds wich
> I mentiont are IMHO of a higer quality and give me a better mood.
This all is very, very subjective. Also, I don't care for votes ay kde-look
that much.

> I must say that your sounds have a more modern sound then the current
> soundset
Yes, probably. My proposed set for 3.3 has a greater variety of jingles and
effects. Also, it fully substitutes the old set - I created many new sound
effects for replacing the old ones.

Artemio.
--
[local time 18:48:27 (GMT +3) 3 July 2004] [system uptime 7 min]