Fwd: [kde-promo] PHP admin needed

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Wed Dec 29 15:46:35 CET 2004

We had a few PHP people say hello on this list. If anyone here is interested,
email Navindra.

Regards,
Tom

Subject: [kde-promo] PHP admin needed
Date: Wednesday 29 Dec 2004 12:51
From: Navindra Umanee <navindra at cs.mcgill.ca>
To: kde-promo at kde.org, editors at kdenews.org, kde-www at kde.org

Hi,

Looking for a trusty expert who can volunteer to
install/admin/maintain PHP and MySQL (and partly Apache 2.x) securely
on the dot.kde.org server.  Web apps that need to be hosted and
supported are TikiWiki and phpBB.

It is important that the PHP installation be secure, but as a
failsafe, it would be nice if some kind of PHP jail could be
implemented so that if PHP security is circumvented, the rest of the
server (e.g. KDE Dot News) is not compromised.  For instance, it would
be nice if Apache/PHP could not access /proc/ or anything outside of
the specified directories on the server.

Please mail me if you interested and let me know your thoughts on the
matter.

Thanks,
Navin.