Writeup from aKademy

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 31 16:23:47 CEST 2004

Hi,

> Some other ideas that I talked about with people through the event include:
>
> o Regular competitions like the documentation one we did on the
> dot(.kde.org) o Allow people to enter 'WhatsThis' text from the UI if it is
> missing; have a facility to collect thes submissions and easily commit them
> to CVS o Find ways to get more people involved in writing for the dot
> o We should really promote documentation work more
> o There is an 'instant gratification' problem with docs, in that the
> writers don't get to see their work in the same was as a coder does... how
> to solve? o We should do an artwork competition for KDiff3 asap... don't
> let me forget!

Also, Lauri's suggestion that we point new documentation contributors to
kde-quality, instead of talking to them on kde-doc-english. This has a couple
of advantages, which I'll write up along with the rest of my notes very soon.
I'm not sure whether we need any kind of (semi-)formal procedure for this, or
whether we can just carry on playing it by ear.

Phil