Problem with Keyboard Layout after upgrade to XFree86-4.4.0

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Apr 22 03:44:30 CEST 2004

A little help please to confirm this before I file a bug report.

I upgraded to XFree86-4.4.0 which went quite well.

However, I found that although I had selected the standard US Keyboard
layout that I had dead keys.  It works perfectly, but I hadn't selected
dead keys.

I find that the problem appears to be the configuration.  If I enter in a
Konsole:

	setxkbmap -model pc101 -layout us -variant basic

Then it works correctly.  However, that option is not available in the
Keyboard Layout KCM.  For the standard US English layout, the only:
"variant" in the listbox is: "Intl".

Could someone that still has XFree86-4.3.0 please check and see which
"variant"s are listed for US English?

Another odd thing, editing the "kxkbrc" file by hand does not fix the problem.

--
JRT