[kde-linux] KDE 3.2.1 after konstruct

Marc Heyvaert marc_heyvaert at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 06:50:43 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have used Konstrukt once to install a new KDE and
IIRC there is an excellent README that explains it
all.

Marc

------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<

------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<

------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<

------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<

> > Your paths may be different, and please check to
> be sure that they are
> > correct.
> >
> > You should NOT use: "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" on Linux
> except for SO overrides.
> >
> > As root, add to: /etc/ld.so.conf:
> >
> >     /usr/local/kde3.2.1/lib
> >     /usr/local/qt-3.3.1/lib
> >
> > If there are older versions of these in the file,
> be certain that the
> > newer ones are added ahead of them.
> >
> > Then as root, execute: ldconfig.
> >
> > You will have to restart KDE for these changes to
> take effect.
> >
> > There is a bug (status WONTFIX) in KDM.  Your
> configuration file needs
> > to be edited [as root].  Open the file:
> "$KDEDIR/share/config/kdm/kdmrc"
> >
> > These two lines in the: [X-*-Core] section should
> be as follows:

SystemPath=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin