about Fundamental issues

J.D. Ray jdray at dsl-only.net
Tue Apr 20 23:27:00 CEST 2004

---- Original Message ----
From: carloswoelz at imap-mail.com

>I can tell you it would be a lot of work to maintain the wiki for
all KDE docs. It would require writing tools for automatic docbook =>
wiki and wiki => docbook. Manual conversion takes to much work. Even
with this tool, it would require a lot of hand ajustment,
unfortunately.

I suspected that would be the case, or something close to it.  And,
I'd like to clarify that I am not against the idea of learning
DocBook.  Rather, I'm pointing out the overhead (probably obvious to
many of you) in getting rolling with the documentation project.
Also, I think that the primary goal should be to produce the content.
Typesetting can come later.