[kde] Bizarre custom shortcut result

Rene Horn rhorn at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Apr 18 06:07:24 CEST 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 08:35:47PM -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> >I'm using keyboard model "HP Internet Keyboard" with the "US English"
> >layout, so '<' is actually produced with "Shift-,", and '>' is produced
> >with "Shift-.".
>
> Actually, I meant which one you had selected in software.
>
> >So in reality, I should have written above "...KDE sees both
> >'Alt+Shift+,' and 'Alt+Shift+.' as 'Alt->'.  It is important to note
> >that I see this with _only_ the keybinding dialog.  '<' and '>' are
> >generated correctly for every other KDE application and input.
> >Addtionally, 'Alt+Shift+,' produces no characters in any other KDE
> >application.
>
> But, since these type correctly for the US layout, this must be a bug.  I
> would suspect that somehow the shorcut bindings have the layout wrong.
>
> However, I have some 3.2.2 installed from CVS and it appears to work for
> me.  So, I wouldn't file a bug report till you upgrade to 3.2.2.

I'm using 3.2.2 with the US keyboard layout (Logitech Cordless Desktop
Pro), and I'm having the same problem.

Rene Horn
--
rhorn at sdf.lonestar.org, hornr18 at uwosh.edu (UW-Oshkosh email address)
http://rhorn.unixcab.org - a bunch of experimental stuff

Jay Leno in response to Colin Powell's deadline for an Iraqi
constitution:
"They can take ours.  After all, we aren't using it..."