[kde] Bizarre custom shortcut result

Rene Horn rhorn at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Apr 18 06:05:09 CEST 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 10:19:46AM +0200, Richard Fish wrote:
> I'm using keyboard model "HP Internet Keyboard" with the "US English"
> layout, so '<' is actually produced with "Shift-,", and '>' is produced
> with "Shift-.".
>
> So in reality, I should have written above "...KDE sees both
> 'Alt+Shift+,' and 'Alt+Shift+.' as 'Alt->'.  It is important to note
> that I see this with _only_ the keybinding dialog.  '<' and '>' are
> generated correctly for every other KDE application and input.
> Addtionally, 'Alt+Shift+,' produces no characters in any other KDE
> application.

Actually, I'm having the same problem (different keyboard layout,
Logitech Cordless Desktop Pro).  I think you should file a bug report
and give the bug # here so we can vote on it.

Oh, everyone should look at the message very carefully (it can be too
subtle for a quick glance).  Notice that there is no way to produce a
Alt+Shift+< key combination within the keyboard shortcuts dialog.

Rene Horn
--
rhorn at sdf.lonestar.org, hornr18 at uwosh.edu (UW-Oshkosh email address)
http://rhorn.unixcab.org - a bunch of experimental stuff

Jay Leno in response to Colin Powell's deadline for an Iraqi
constitution:
"They can take ours.  After all, we aren't using it..."