[kde] Bizarre custom shortcut result

Pavel Avgustinov p_mailings at lithitux.org
Sat Apr 17 18:20:58 CEST 2004

Richard Fish wrote:

> I'm using keyboard model "HP Internet Keyboard" with the "US English"
> layout, so '<' is actually produced with "Shift-,", and '>' is
> produced with "Shift-.".
>
> So in reality, I should have written above "...KDE sees both
> 'Alt+Shift+,' and 'Alt+Shift+.' as 'Alt->'.  It is important to note
> that I see this with _only_ the keybinding dialog.  '<' and '>' are
> generated correctly for every other KDE application and input.
> Addtionally, 'Alt+Shift+,' produces no characters in any other KDE
> application.

Isn't this exactly the correct behaviour? On your keyboard (and mine,
for that matter), "Shift+," == "<", and hence alt+shift+, == alt+<.
There is no way to press an additional shift key to produce "shift+<" as
shift needs to be pressed to get "<" in the first place.

I think the current handling is the most appropriate. Correct me if I'm
wrong.

Regards,

---
Pavel Avgustinov