kdeutils compile issue

Parijat Mishra parijat at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
Tue Apr 13 09:11:11 CEST 2004

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 11:21:49AM -0300, Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:
> Never apologise for asking for help here on this list. That's the reason this
> list exists :)

Hey, thanks.  To be honest, this list is really quite a nice place for
newbies to learn.  Good work!

> Compile problems in the stable branch are not common, and should be reported,
> especially if you had successfully compiled it in the recent past. Before
> kdeutils you should only compile kdelibs and arts. (kdebase if you want).

Well, in case someone is alarmed over this: the compile problems
happened because when I was using 'cvs up -r ' to change versions of my
copy of kdeutils, some files had conflicts (which I did not see in the
flood of messages).  In other words, the stable branch compiles jsut
fine with a fresh checkout.

I am a bit wet behind the ears when it comes to
cvs, and I did not expect conflicts since I did not change anything
within kdeutils in my local copy.

--
Sincerely,
Parijat Mishra