kdeutils compile issue

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Mon Apr 12 16:21:49 CEST 2004

Quoting you out of order.

On Monday 12 April 2004 08:05 am, Parijat Mishra wrote:
> An export of KDE_3_2_2_RELEASE did compile.  I will now just figure out
> why it did not work for the anonymous cvs copy I have.  Sorry folks.
> Should have tested a bit more before posting.

Never apologise for asking for help here on this list. That's the reason this
list exists :)

> What gives?  Am I missing some library? configure mentions tpctl, but that
> should not be a problem for kcalc.  Must I compile some other module before
> kdeutils?

Compile problems in the stable branch are not common, and should be reported,
especially if you had successfully compiled it in the recent past. Before
kdeutils you should only compile kdelibs and arts. (kdebase if you want).

> I have also tried with the HEAD branch, but that just keeps giving weird
> problems...

It is normal. The first time I compiled KDE unstable it took me a month to
have a complete installation. Sometimes compile bugs stay for weeks, and
sometimes I have to set up the DO_NOT_COMPILE env variable to skip some apps
that refuse to compile. arts and kdelibs are usually easier to compile.

The solution for that: wait a little and try again. The toubleshooting section
in the building guide has more info.

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz