Quality in Open Source Software development

Stanislav Karchebny berk at upnet.ru
Sun Apr 11 02:38:01 CEST 2004

On Sunday 11 April 2004 06:31, Tom Chance wrote:
> On Sunday 11 Apr 2004 00:56, Stanislav Karchebny wrote:
> > On Sunday 11 April 2004 05:52, Alessio Maria Braccin wrote:
> > >         http://rebol.altervista.org/survey.php
> >
> > Pretty crappy survey if i'm allowed to speak up.
>
> It's traditional to explain why, and to be polite, on public mailing lists.

Its set of choices is quite limited. On most F/OSS surveys i ever filled there
were at least 5 choices ranging from complete No to complete Yes. also, there
were choices like "Given answer is not in the list", this one lacks both. "I
don't know" is not proper for that. So instead of lying with "I don't know" i
have to lie with "Everything's just fine" in this one. Not good, not.

Please please please, google for a couple of good oss surveys (there are
plenty) and use them as reference...

--
keep in touch. berkus.

Roey on #kde-devel: when I hear best of breed I tune out--it's too much a
buzzword. What I carry between my legs is best of breed. And like KDE, just
because it's less visible doesn't mean it gets less usage.