Engineering I.E. Quality

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri Apr 9 12:25:36 CEST 2004

Michael Pyne wrote:
> But I suspect more KDE developers pay attention to design
> that you think, even if they don't flesh out the entire structure at first.

I also suspect that many developers pay more attention to design that then
even they appear to think or say.  Actually, I have no idea how much
attention is paid to design.  I have always presumed that things like DCOP
were actually designed.

What I have noticed is some instances where design was completely lacking.
  This is much easier to spot. :-)  Sometimes it is a lack of design of the
application's user interface, but sometimes it a lack of design of the most
basic details of the program, or a basic method in the code that simply can
never work.  Yes, I have specifics in mind but I'm not going to go into
them now.  And they are not all KDE.

--
JRT