Engineering I.E. Quality

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Fri Apr 9 12:24:17 CEST 2004

On Friday 09 April 2004 09:26, James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> Or, the solution is simple.  Developers need to drop the arrogance
> and admit that other work has value -- perhaps, in some cases, even
> more value than coding.  I would like for them to realize that
> engineering and design is more important than the actual coding.
> Whether they do the engineering and design work themselves or have
> someone else do it is not the issue.

Don't you realize that you insult other developers by calling them
arrogant and telling them how they should work?

Many KDE developers are professional software engineers and know very
well what they are doing. One of the strengths of the open source
development model is that it isn't limited by restrictions of the
classical development models you are taught at school or university.

Within the KDE community people usually treat each other friendly and
with respect. If you would also like to become a part of this community
you should rethink your attitude.