KSpread : first attempt at an outline for a new handbook

Marc Heyvaert marc_heyvaert at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 22:33:00 CEST 2004

Hello,

I'm posting this to the kde-doc-english and koffice
lists and cc'ing it to the kde-quality list.

Please don't reply to all. To keep traffic down I
suggest that all reactions are sent to the koffice
list.

I have finished a rough outline of the subjects that I
would like to cover in a new KSpread Handbook. It's
not a TOC, only an attempt to get some ordered list of
subjects and some idea of structure. I post it 'as-is'
because I would very much like to have some input from
you. Please let me know what else you would like to
see covered.

The next step will be to incorporate everything that
is in the current handbook into this rough structure.
I will also write it in docbook from the start.

Then I will try to finish a couple of chapters and
then I will post a link for you so that you can give
me feedback.

After this I intend to keep the book available as it
is evolving. The next step would eventually be to put
it in CVS, either as one document to replace the
current handbook, either as several documents (a
handbook, tutorial, reference, cookbook) in which case
there will be some need to adapt the current code for
the Help menu.

I will -of course- use the GNU Free Documentation
License, so there is no conflict with the original
work or with the program itself, KOffice and KDE.

Regards

Marc

P.S. The attachment is in KWord format. I have also
made a .pdf version that you can download here
http://www.taiji.be/kde/AsEasyAs.pdf