[NEW PROJECT] DCOP Net Server

Raphael Langerhorst raphael-langerhorst at gmx.at
Sat Apr 3 23:10:54 CEST 2004

Hello,

As a result of recent discussions about network capabilities of DCOP I want to
propose a new project. I have now one week of holiday until the 12th of April
and this time is dedicated to this new project (80 to 90% !!).

The proposal can be found on ftp://212.33.58.188/projects/dcopnetserver/

It's more than 45 kB so I don't send it as an attachment. It is a KWord file,
I hope that's ok for you. If you need it converted, let me know. Since I did
an embedded drawing with Karbon14 you need to have that installed as well.

Let me know what you think about it and what could be made better. Also if
someone is interested in helping me with this I would very much appreciate
that. Especially if the person is more familiar with DCOP than I am (I am no
expert, just read the documentation (KDE development book and kdelibs help)
and a little bit of the class reference, not much practical programming
experience with DCOP so far. Also I'm no guru on network security. Help here
would be great.

I really hope this project is usable, not only for me but also for KDE as a
whole.

Regards,
Raphael

PS: I cc'd kde-quality since someone there might also be interested in new
opportunities to improve KDE. Readers on kde-quality: PLEASE keep the
discussion on kde-devel so it doesn't get fragmented.