kprinter with OpenOffice

John Layt john at layt.net
Thu Oct 25 08:42:04 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 24 October 2007, Stephen wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I would like to use the kprinter interface with open office 2.3.
> kprinter is nicer.
>
> Someone posted a question on the open office mailing list and the reply
> was to ask the KDE people.  That person hasn't yet so I thought I would
> as I also want to know.
>
> How do I achieve this.

In older versions of OOo, you used to be able to set what print command OOo
used, so you were able to change from lpr to kprinter, but you would get the
OOo dialog followed by the kprinter dialog.  It appears that in more recent
versions of OOo you no longer have this option.

There is a KDE integration project in OOo to use KDE native dialogs, you can
already get the KDE File Dialogs if your distro has compiled that support in,
but I don't know the status of Print Dialog.

Try looking at http://kde.openoffice.org/, sorry!

John.