Printing/usability workshop @ LinuxTag

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Thu May 24 14:00:41 CEST 2007

On 23 May 2007 10:38, Josef Spillner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> on June 1 and 2 there will be a workshop/meeting related to the desired
> improvements in printing dialogues in desktop applications.
> The meeting will happen as a sub-event of LinuxTag in Berlin.
>
> We will have usability experts and technology providers at the meeting.
> What we still need is people who can refine the requirements from the
> application and toolkit side.
> It would be nice to see some people from this list there, and if you know
> others who might be interested feel free to forward this to them.
> Exact information about location and a schedule will follow.

I believe the right persons for this would be Ellen Reitmayr <ellen at kde.org>
and Kurt Pfeiffle <pfeiffle at kde.org>. They should be near Berlin and Ellen
has deep knowledge of printing dialog usability studies that have been
already done.

There is my GSoC student Rutger Claes <rgc at rgc.be>, which has new KDEPrint
dialogs as topic for his summer project. Yet he's in his exams period and
he's in Belgium.

Thanks for caring, Josef.

--
Cristian Tibirna