Connection to CUPS server failed.

Anthony Tekatch anthony at unihedron.com
Sun Sep 3 22:12:02 CEST 2006

While trying to print from any KDE app, I get the following:

===============
An error occurred while retrieving the printer list:

Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is correctly
installed and running. Error: Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that
the CUPS server is correctly installed and running..
===============

The CUPS server is running as I can tell from:
  http://localhost:631/

I have already edited /etc/cups/cupsd.conf as follows, suggested in
another message:

# Only listen for connections from the local machine.
Listen localhost:631
#  Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,