about backporting to 3.5

Alexander Kern alex.kern at gmx.de
Sun May 7 21:59:17 CEST 2006

Am Sonntag, 7. Mai 2006 16:05 schrieb Cristian Tibirna:
> On 7 May 2006 09:48, Alexander Kern wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Prerelease Freeze is anounced for 23 Mai 2006. Should we port alls
> > changes for CUPS 1.2 to KDE  and be ready before 3.5.3?
>
> The testprint one is not essential and I would leave it as is until we come
> with a better solution.
I agree

> The "localhost" one (533674) I'm pretty sure it's only a workaround and not
> the right fix, so I didn't protest it in trunk, but I don't think it's good
> to commit it to 3.5.
Would you prefer solution as in
http://kubuntu.org/~jriddell/kdeprint/kubuntu_42_cups12_addmodify.diff

> I'm not sure which other ones you refer to. I thought that the ones
> actually related to CUPS-1.2 were all commited to both branches. At least,
> my 3.5.3 compilation at home works with CUPS-1.2.

Sorry my foult, I must better chek before to write this e-mail.

> Also, keep in mind that strings are frozen since May 02. So, commits that
> change translated strings are not allowed.

I sent a proposal for kaddprinterwizard to kdeprint but documant was to fat. I
will resent it direct to you.
--

Best Wishes
Mit freundlichen Grüßen