about backporting to 3.5

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Sun May 7 16:05:31 CEST 2006

On 7 May 2006 09:48, Alexander Kern wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Prerelease Freeze is anounced for 23 Mai 2006. Should we port alls changes
> for CUPS 1.2 to KDE  and be ready before 3.5.3?

The testprint one is not essential and I would leave it as is until we come
with a better solution.

The "localhost" one (533674) I'm pretty sure it's only a workaround and not
the right fix, so I didn't protest it in trunk, but I don't think it's good
to commit it to 3.5.

I'm not sure which other ones you refer to. I thought that the ones actually
related to CUPS-1.2 were all commited to both branches. At least, my 3.5.3
compilation at home works with CUPS-1.2.

Also, keep in mind that strings are frozen since May 02. So, commits that
change translated strings are not allowed.

Care to explain in detail what you mean?

Thanks.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org