kdeprint and CUPS 1.2

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Tue Jan 3 19:41:02 CET 2006

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 03:02, Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> Is there any way to get KDE to work with CUPS 1.2?

Some addtional remarks:

It should be noted, that CUPS 1.2 is not yet released. Its development
is currently in a stage of "weekly snapshots". I found them usable for
basic printing in the past. Also current SVN checkouts tend to compile
and work fairly well. However, it is not yet even dubbed as "alpha" or
"beta". Bear that in mind for your plans re. the next (K)Ubuntu...

Having said that, I'm all for trying to make KDEPrint compatible with
CUPS-1.2 as early as possible (without loosing compatibilty to 1.1 of
course).