So needed facilities and more powerful printing approach

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Jan 2 09:33:14 CET 2006

> Hi,
>
> please read all of this e-mail and take a look to the
> proposed link. Thanks for that.
>
> First of all I sincerely like KDE. I use it each day.
> But I think you may be can improve one think. I want to talk
> about printing facilities.
>
> I principaly talk about :
> - print them out as a convenient booklet
> - print 2, 4, or 8 pages on a single sheet of paper
> - you can scale pages
> - printing 2 up
> -  assemble printouts from different applications
>
> To well understand what I talk about, have a look to the so
> usefull windows printing program I hope you can develop for
> us under linux.
> http://www.fineprint.com/products/fineprint/benefits.html
>
> Good luck and with pleasure to see it in the next release of KDE.

This is a recurrent wish. But this can be seen as a 3rd-party
application
that can be develop outside kdeprint. Indeed, Fineprint is a complete
*post-processing* application with a nice GUI (you can view it as a GUI
around psutils package). The same could be done for KDE, but it can be
done seperately as a stand-alone project. The task force in the kdeprint
project is rather limited, so I doubt that such an application could be
developed in a near future.

OTOH, it can be a potential "open-job" for KDE.