CUPS 1.2rc2, troubles during test

Alexander Kern alex.kern at gmx.de
Sun Apr 23 17:59:47 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have various troubles with 1.2rc2.
First of all here are my configurations:

In office DELL Laptop and network HP LaserJet Series 8000. I can print pretty
well. Printer management was not tested, i can complete it only at thuesday.

At home desktop Athlon 64(native x86-64). I cannot print at all. It stops me
and I trying from scrath, move old CUPS configuration from SuSE 10.0,
reinstall rpm and copy cupsd.conf from default sample.

My old PIII laptop has rc2 CUPS too. It has not any problems.

Web interfaces on x86-64 cancels alls actions with exception of
"http://localhost:631/printers/" with "413 Request Entity Too Large". I have
tryed add printer, delete and modify printer on old CUPS configuration and on
remote CUPS server.

One more interesting question, trying to add new printer testwise with
kaddprinterwizard communicating over socket brings another error.
kdeprint: ==========
kdeprint: Request to /var/run/cups/cups.sock:631
kdeprint: ==========
kdeprint: State = 0x0
kdeprint: ID = 0x1
kdeprint: Operation = 0x4003
kdeprint: Version = 1.1
kdeprint:
kdeprint: attributes-charset (0x47) = utf-8
kdeprint: attributes-natural-language (0x48) = de
kdeprint: printer-uri (0x45) =
ipp:///var/run/cups/cups.sock/printers/tmpprinter_Qg1kpThh
kdeprint: device-uri (0x45) = parallel:/dev/lp0
kdeprint: requesting-user-name-allowed (0x42) = all
kdeprint: printer-info (0x41) =
kdeprint: printer-location (0x41) =
kdeprint: ==========
kdeprint: Answer
kdeprint: ==========
kdeprint: State = 0x3
kdeprint: ID = 0x1
kdeprint: Status = 0x400
kdeprint: Status message = client-error-bad-request
kdeprint: Version = 1.1
kdeprint:
kdeprint: attributes-charset (0x47) = utf-8
kdeprint: attributes-natural-language (0x48) = de
kdeprint: status-message (0x41) = The printer-uri must be of the form
"ipp://HOSTNAME/printers/PRINTERNAME".

Is socket connection not capable of it.

read httpSeparateURI() and trying
"file:/var/run/cups/cups.sock/printers/tmpprinter_Qg1kpThh"
"file:/printers/tmpprinter_Qg1kpThh"
"/printers/tmpprinter_Qg1kpThh" do not work.

--

Best Wishes
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Alex Kern