photo printing wizard

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Mon Sep 12 00:04:50 CEST 2005

In the kipi printing wizard some very important things are missing/bad
(should be reported to the authors):

- More paper sizes, especially A3, A5, Legal, Tabloid, Ledger, ..., and
   also a custom page size (enetr width and height manually), for example
   to use with roll paper or panoramic paper.

- One photo filling the entire page, working on all paper sizes.
   Currently one cannot print photos in A4, A3, or Letter size. For what
   do we have photo paper in these sizes?

- Enormous memory/CPU consumption, this makes processing slow and
   requires a powerful machine. I also succeeded to crash HPLIP with
   these huge output files. Here is a sample output file for download (90
   MB, contains only 10x15cm/4x6inch photos):

   http://www.linuxprinting.org/till/tmp/hplip/digikam-photos-test.ps

But the concept is good, now it only needs to be polished to be suitable
for daily use.

    Till