photo printing wizard

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Sun Sep 11 21:46:28 CEST 2005

On 11 September 2005 15:27, Tobias Klein wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've just wondered, if there's some kind of a photo printing wizard in KDE.
> After searching a while I guess there isn't. Wouldn't it be a nice feature
> to have something like that in the KDE Printing System? The wizard should
> offer the following dialogues to the user:
>
> - select the images you'd like to print
> - select the format and layout of the images (with displaying print
> preview) (yes, it would be similar to that one in win xp, but I think it's
> quite good)
>
> Afterwards it should forward the users request to kprinter, where the user
> can configure quality settings, the amount of pages to print, etc.
>
> Is there already something in development?

Not to my knowledge. Although taking a deeper look in kde-apps.org might be of
use.

I think such a think would be better integrated in an app like digikam.
Bringing the discussion over there would also be an interesting thing to do.

One thing that could prove very important in what you want is color
management. I have in my TODO to look at this general topic in the future.
For now, not much time.

If you plan to investigate into what exists in this area both in KDE and
elsewhere in Linux, please feel encouraged to post back here.

Thanks.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org