10.0 and KDE-Print

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Sat Oct 15 23:55:59 CEST 2005

On 15 October 2005 15:54, Loy Banks wrote:
> Just installed Suse 10.0 Can't find KDE-Print in 10.0 Where might the
> program be located?

Should be in your Control Center. Anyways, at a console, type the commmand
kaddprinterwizard. It should work, if you have KDE installed at all.

> I'm trying to install Network Printer Brother MFC-420cn. It's not listed on
> short accepted printer list. Can't determine if I should setup as TCP/IP
> printer.

I guess so. How is the printer connected to your computer/network?

> Don't know the numbers for the printer location.

You definitely need this information. You can go to the printer and browse its
configuration in its LCD display. Also, read printer's manual. You have to
configure it to activate TCP/IP (if you connected it by network cable) and to
give it an IP number corresponding to your local network's configuration.

> Not sure about
> the port.

If it's configured to print to it by network, you don't need to care about
port. You will print to an url like 'ipp://NNN.NNN.NNN.NNN/queue (where
NNN.etc is the IP number you found on the printer and "queue" is the internal
queue name as given by your printer's manual) or by lpd://NNN etc.

> All in all I'm rather "out-to-lunch" with installing this
> printer. I'm looking for help. Thanks.

Come with more details. Not enough information in your request.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org