KDE Printing ignores paper settings and uses A4

Brian Krisler bkrisler at bbn.com
Thu Nov 10 20:39:05 CET 2005

Hello,

I am having strange printing problems.  Whenever I attempt
to print using any KDE app (kmail, kpdf, etc.)  I get an error
on the printer indicating the need for A4 paper.  All of my
settings in the UI and in Cups indicate Letter.

- If I print from the console using lpr, everything prints fine on letter.
- If I print a test page from Cups I get a test page on letter.
- If I print using an X app (xpdf) and lpr prints on letter.

Can someone point me to a potential config file that might be
setting A4?

I am using the exact cups configs from some else that can print just fine.

So far I have looked at ~/.kde/share/config/kdeprintrc
[$Version]
update_info=kdeprintrc.upd:kde-3.1-toolbar

[General]
PrintSystem=cups

[Jobs]
Size=550,250

~/.kde/share/config/kprintrc
[KPrinter Settings]
ApplicationOptions=
DialogReduced=false
PrintCommand=
Printer=PrinterName

~/.lpoptions  -- I removed and let it get regenerated.

$KDE/share/config/kdeprintrc
[General]
Orientation=1
ViewType=1