Add Printer Wizard/Print Manager Help Needed

Leonard Chatagnier lenc at ruralcomm.com
Fri Mar 18 01:09:14 CET 2005

Michael, thanks for the speedy reply. It seems I can use localhost via
my Mozilla browzer but not
via print manager.  I did installed my cx6400 via browzer
http://localhost:631, so apparently I have
cupsd started although I do not find the file anywhere on my hard drive
or the configuration file.
The printer, now installed, wont print the test under print manager.
The cups+gimp-print v4.2.7 driver
is installed and the filter is enscript text filter, all as my original
setup which worked flawlessly under the
cups-1.1.23-4 version I had at the time.  But the printer wont print the
test in print print manager set up the same way with cups-1.1.23-7, or
any thing else I tried to print.   Both were Debian packages.  This message
appears when I click the test button under manager/ instances:
The MIME type application/postscript is not supported as input of the
filter chain (this may happen with non-CUPS spoolers when performing
page selection on a non-PostScript file). Do you want KDE to convert the
file to a supported format?  I click yes, selected every option, none
work, get message:
No appropriate filter found. Select another target format on all selections.
It seems that postscript somehow got involved and I don't know what to
do about it or if I caused it.  Any
solutions or fixes come to mind?  Appreciate any help.

Leonard