Howto write a new KDEPrint filter

Patrick Bellasi derkling at cds.polimi.it
Sun Mar 13 23:39:39 CET 2005

Hi all,
 I would like to write a new KDEPrint filter but I can't find documentation
about the use of the graphical interface.

In particular I need to insert a "%%Title: <filename>" TAG into the generated
postscript spool file. In order to do that I'm trying to write a filter using
the KDEPrint graphical interface... the problem is that I DON'T KNOW if it
exist a placeholder, i.e. like the %psu, %in, %out used by the enscript
filter, for get the FILENAME that I've to pass to my (sed like ps scanner)
script filter.

So, the problem is: it is possible to get the FILENAME of the printed
document, in ordert to use it into a KDEPrint filter?!?

Thanks in advance,
 Patrick

--

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
                                                  DERKLING

  Computers are like air conditioners: they don't work well
  if you keep windows opened...

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
   Patrick Bellasi <derkling_at_users.sourceforge.net>
   Student (Politecnico di Milano)
       Comp.Sci & Soft.Eng

   Contacts:
    - Room   +39 02 23952621
    - Home   +39 0342 621043 (week-ends)
    - ICQ    344672588
    - MSN    derkling at yahoo.it
    - Skype  derkling

   Privacy:
    - GnuPG   0x72ABC1EE (keyserver.linux.it)
        pub  1024D/72ABC1EE 2003-12-04 Patrick Bellasi
             (Zeus - Spektra System Administrator) <zeus at cds.polimi.it>
        Key fingerprint: 3958 7B5F 36EC D1F8 C752  9589 C3B7 FD49 72AB C1EE