kprinter doesn't work together with CUPS

Markus Kitzler kitzler at tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 31 14:34:03 CET 2005

> There are 2 possibilities:
> 1) some access restrictions prevent KDEPrint from downloading the
> PPD file
> 2) KDEPrint is unable to load the associated PPD file
>
> In the print manager, if you right-click on your printer and select
> "Configure...", do you get the configuration dialog? From the same
> print manager, select your printer, then go to "Properties" tab in
> the bottom panel, select "Driver" section and click "Change" in the
> bottom-right, select the same driver as you're using now and go to
> the next page. There, you should see a "Settings"  button, can you
> click it and have the settings dialog appearing?

Yes, I can see the "Settings" button. I execute the procedure as described by
you in the KDE Control Center/Printer Section. But I need to switch to
Administrator-Mode in order to do it. Without root-password I do not see any
menus in the "Properties" tab (except for "General" where I can't change
anything).