Problems getting printing working

Jason jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Thu Feb 17 19:09:49 CET 2005

Hello everyone.

Just setup a brand new SuSe 9.1 Professional workstation today at work. We are
doing extensive testing on the Linux platform to see if it could be a viable
option for our users to use in the coming months.

Everything has worked great so far, except we are running into a problem when
we are setting up printing for this workstation.

We have 6 HP8150 Laserjet printers on our corporate network. I was trying to
use the printing manager to setup the printer.

We selected TCP/IP from the options. All our printers are plugged in directly
to a network jack for now.

After 'scanning' the network (nifty tool) for a printer, we found the one we
wanted and went forward on setting it up.

We tried using all of the HP Laserjet 8150 drivers that were on the list to
use, but each time, we get an error when we try to 'test' the printing:

Unable to create temporary printer

And that is our stumbling point.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem?
Any additional information i could send to help solve this problem?

I appreciate the help.

Cheers,

Jason