CUPS & Kprinter

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Feb 14 09:23:02 CET 2005

> Hi
> OS : SUSE 8.2
> KDE : Version 3.1.1
>
> Problem : Driver Setting tab page which shows options in PPD
> file of a
> selected printer does not come in Properties window of
> KPrinter dialog
> box.   The PPD seems to be okay. The same PPD file works fine another
> printing tool "xpp".  CUPS web client also shows all
> theoptions in PPD
> file.  But it is not display only in KPrinter.
> Has any one come across this problem .
> Could you please mail me some suggestions/ workarounds to
> overcome this
> problem

This might be related to a now-fixed problem the popped up with
KDEPrint: namely the CUPS server does not allow remote connections
and KDEPrint connected to the server remotely, even if the CUPS
server was local. The solution is to configure the CUPS server to
accept remote connections from your subnet (or use the @LOCAL
keyword, refer to CUPS documentation). If your CUPS server is local,
a more brute fix is to set "ServerName" to "localhost" in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
and restart the CUPS server.