KDE Print Manager Error

Leonad Chatagnier lenc at ruralcomm.com
Fri Feb 11 09:19:25 CET 2005

I get this error when trying to use the print manager with CUPS:
                      Error - kprinter

Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is
correctly installed and running.  Error: connection refused.

If, I try to restart cupsd, I get an error:
Restarting printing system service: cupsdcupsd: Child exited with status 98!

Sometimes I can get the Add Printer Wizzard to start instead of hanging, but
when I click the next buton the screen is greyed out
This is a long standing problem and I'm new to linux.  Hope someone can
help me to correct this problem. Found several posts relating to this
problem and tried all suggestions.  None helped me.

My system follows:
Dell Dimensions XPS T450, 128M ram on Debian GNU Linus v3.0,
Woody-2.4.18-bf2.4
KDE version 3.3.2   CUPS version - not known, cant find as came with
another program
Upgrading under Testing

Thanks for your help,
Leonard Chatagnier

PLEASE COPY MY EMAIL ADDRESS-NOT SUBSCRIBED