KPrinter & CUPS

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Thu Feb 10 09:14:59 CET 2005

> Hello
>
> If I open Kprinter in linux SUSE 8.2 and select CUPS PRINTER
> , I am not
> getting the Driver settings tab page. I want to show this tabpage and
> allow the user to make some selection.  Could you suggest why
> I am not
> getting Driver settings tab page.
>  I have only the following files in my system
>       cups-libs-1.1.18-56
>       cups-client-1.1.18-56
>       cups-1.1.18-56
>       cups-drivers-stp-1.1.18-34
>       cups-drivers-1.1.18-34
>       cups-devel-1.1.18-56
>       kdelibs3-cups-3.1.1-13
>
> When I browsed the net I found that  following files should be in my
> system.
>        libkdeprint_cups.la
>        libkdeprint_cups.so
>       cups.print
> What should I do to get these files installed in my system.

Those files should be found in $KDEDIR/libs/kde3/, IIRC. As far as I know,
they should be part of the kdelibs3-cups package. Anyway, if you can see
the list of printers in the print dialog, then you have those files
installed. OTOH, common causes for your problem are:
1) KDEPrint fails to load the driver properly, it would help if you'd
post the PPD file use for your printer (it's located in /etc/cups/ppd/)
2) CUPS has some access restriction defined in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.