Collaboration between KDE printing development team and Linspire

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Sun Aug 21 02:08:35 CEST 2005

On 19 August 2005 18:35, Tom Welch wrote:
> Christian,
>
> I'm happy to work with you and your team.  How do you propose we work
> together?

Hello Tom

Nice to hear from you.

Well, my discussion with Kevin and Randy turned around the fact that usability
and user experience of the KDE printing tools could be improved. I concluded
that Linspire might have a database of user reports, or migh have done (or
have intention to do) scientific usability studies.

Thus, the KDE community would be very pleased to collaborate with Linspire in
this kind of work. I must say that I didn't have occasions to use Linspire,
but I gather that a large part of KDE is directly used as is in your
products. So, all improvements in KDE are automatically reflected in
Linspire. Thus, I believe that it would be very beneficial to all of us,
those involved in this discussion, if Linspire would provide results of
usability studies or, even better, the code modifications resulted from such.

This is a first step. There are many other possibilities of cooperation, and I
think we would come to them in time.

Thanks a lot for your attention.

--
Cristian Tibirna