HELP: Problem regarding printmanager

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Apr 11 18:19:02 CEST 2005

On Monday 11 April 2005 04:02, Goffioul Michael wrote:
>Does it mean that the print manager freeze? What does happen when
> you try to print from konqueror? If you have a
> ~/.kde/share/config/kdeprintfc file, you can try to re-initialize
> kdeprint by removing this file.
>
>Michael.
>
>> Dear Listmembers,
>>
>> I have a newly installed SuSE 9.2 with KDE 3.4.0 on my
>> laptop. I want to print
>> over a CUPS Server. The server is correctly installed vz. It
>> works seamlessly
>> with another laptop.

This may not be relevant, but what version of Cups please?  There was
a period where kprinter, and even some of kde, was crashed just by
hovering the mouse over the kprinter related items in the menu's.
This problem showed up with cups-1.1.18 I think, and went away IIRC
with 1.1.21-final.  Since then its worked quite well here.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)