hacking around with cups etc, now kprinter can't find cups

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Sep 13 08:38:24 CEST 2004

> Where does one define the default "printer" font size?  Does the one
> in kmail carry over to all kprinter output?  I've played with that
> some, but it seems as if the printer font size selected is used for
> the screen too.  Or is that a bug and it should be a seperate one you
> never see the result of until you actually print?

This is application specific. The application is the only responsible
for the print content, hence the font size. Most applications doesn't
make a difference between screen fonts and printer fonts. One exception
is kwrite. However, the usual behavior for an app is to select font
size such that printed size is more or less the same as screen size.