High definition photos printing from KDE

Tulear tulear999 at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 15 20:01:56 CEST 2004

I tried to print (canon i865 with turboprint drivers) digital photos
(1600*1200 pixels) from KDE applications - mandrake 10.1 - (konqueror,
digkam, kuishow ...) but result is not so good even choosing the best
printer definition (4800 dpi) : colors are fine but I can see pixels on
4"x6" or A4.

It's not a driver problem : printing from Gimp 2.0 (with same driver) give me perfect
results, as good as from Windows. It looks like KDE applications have reduced the image
resolution ? Any idea about this curious pb ?

Thanks