PDFdistiller - Small change proposal

Paulo A. Santos paulodesenhista at brturbo.com
Sat Nov 13 13:47:33 CET 2004

Hello

I'm using the KDEPrint/CUPS without big problems. I just have a small
change proposal on the "pdfdistiller" script. It's on the output name
generation section. Following the section with the change :

# generate output filename
OUTPUTFILENAME=
if [ "$3" = "" ]; then
    OUTPUTFILENAME="$PDFDIR/unknown.pdf"
else
    # OUTPUTFILENAME="$PDFDIR/${3//[^[:alnum:]]/_}.pdf"
    # I changed this to user name, and the printtime to track down who
    # printed the PDF and when, samba printing just uses nobody

    #OUTPUTFILENAME="$PDFDIR/$2-$PRINTTIME.pdf"

    #This line catch "Title" on the ps file head and set OUTPUTFILENAME.
    #So we have just the real filename. It will help each file owner to
find their file on a very
    #active print server. The user won't need to rename manually. But It
still have some
    #throuble with special chars like deadkeys.

    OUTPUTFILENAME="$PDFDIR/`cat $6 | grep -i title | cut -d: -f2 | cut
-d. -f1`.pdf"

    echo "PDF file: $OUTPUTFILENAME placed in: $PDFDIR" >> $LOGFILE
fi

I hope it may help, and you may include it as one more option for the
next release.
Thanks a lot for the great job on the KDEPrint/CUPS.

Paulo A. Santos